Now THAT's an Heirloom!

Cleaning up the study for the new year, I came across my mothers old cook book.  I thought it had been lost, but fortunately not.


It's actually, an old 1960 diary that mum used to write down all the recipies she received from our neighbours in Cabramatta, where I grew up.




Next to the name of the recipie she has written who it came from (Tibby was our next door neighbour).  So now I am going to transcribe them onto my recipie pages for safe keeping.  But I am also going to list it as an heirloom on the family tree.



Here is one of my favourites when I was growing up.  Mum used to push them together on the tray to bake and they would push up, and if we were heading on a picnic they would be tied up in a tea towel immediately they came out of the oven and still be warm when we got to wherever we were going.

Quick Scones



2 cups self raising flour
1 level teaspoon sugar
1/2 level teaspoon salt
2oz butter
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup of milk

Sift flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
dissolve butter in water on the stove.
Add milk, mix with dry ingredients.
Cut scones with cutter.
Bake in hot oven 12 minutes.  (280C)


.........................................................................................................

Comments

Popular Posts