6 Tips for a sucessful research trip.
NSW Mitchel Library
1. Narrow down your search
2. Research what records might be available
3. Check for when the experts are available.
4. Know the limitations
5. Take a few supplies with you
6. Prepare for the visit
- What is the public transport option
- Where is the parking - how far will you need to walk
- What will it cost
- Where can you get something to eat and drink
- Take with you what you already know about the person you are researching
- What other supplies do you need
- Don't forget money
- Whatever time you think you will be there - double it.