There is always something to find.

 I always sign up for alerts on the websites I have my tree on, mainly as bait for new information.  Recently I came across this wonderful photo.


So, it was quite a find.  This picture is of three brothers, William, Thomas and Charles Zealey.   It looks like WW1 uniforms, which would fit with their ages, all having been born in the 1870-1880's. But Sydney immigrated to Australia in 1912, so it seems unlikely that WW1 fits him.

 Obviously someone in the family has posted it, so I will contact them and see if they have more information. Searching for their military records on the National Archives site proved useless, most of the records have been lost of course.

I did find out that William had been a police office in the Metro police however. Sydney is listed in the 1891 census aged 9 living with his parents, then in the 1911 census as a married for 6 years and working as a bricklayer. There is a passenger list from Australia to England in 1921 aboard the Corsican with his wife and two childre.  He must have returned to Australia because he died in Miranda, NSW, AUS in 1971 and is buried quite close to where I live in Woronora Cemetery.  

So, my advice on Family Search is to click on the <Follow> star for anyone in your direct line, and you will be notified of any changes to that person on the site.  Be warned - people do change information without checking for sources or putting up any source of their own so you need to investigate information quite often.





Comments

Popular Posts